Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Baby and King Cake...

 
I was thinking that I would feel a little more settled by week three after baby.  To be honest, life around here is still pretty crazy. Maybe that is the new normal. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it has been in the single digits for weeks now, and we are all going a little stir crazy. A few of the kids have colds, sleepless nights due to coughing don't help either. In any case; we are all eager for the first signs of spring, which are of course still months away.
 

 
 Blaise is still as sweet as can be and growing like a weed. He already seems like he's not a newborn. He is always looking around and seems very aware.


 
 
 
 
For Shrove Tuesday we celebrated with a real King Cake from my friend who just came back from New Orleans. You bury a tiny baby Jesus in the cake and whoever gets the piece with the baby is supposed to buy the cake the next year. Elijah got the piece with the baby in it but I doubt he will be buying a cake. :)
 
Now it's Lent. I am need of Lent. I need some focus, some direction for my faith life and something to look forward to; namely Easter.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment